For the first time Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus were presented on December 7. Five days later, the phones were on sale. But interestingly, he went on sale not in all the promised colors. During the premiere, the manufacturer promised four color options: gold, pink gold, blue and black. But the last option did not appear on December 12, as other options. But its sale will begin very soon, and it will happen on December 25.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 black will be available from Monday, but so far only in China. It will cost 799 yuan (approximately $ 121), that is, the same as other color options. I’m pretty sure that new Chinese smartphones will appear in the country in the next quarter. How much they will stand in our country is still unknown.
Redmi 5 is an interesting smartphone, in its price range, mainly due to the screen with an aspect ratio of 18: 9. They first appeared in the flagships, then in the middle class, and now in budget smartphones. This model also received a better processor than its predecessor, that is, Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 with Adreno 506 GPU. The improvements were also received by the cameras and the system was used based on Android 7.1 Nougat with the MIUI 9 patch. You will find technical specifications below.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 black – Specifications:
- 5.7 “TFT LCD screen with HD + resolution (720 x 1440 pixels) with 2.5D glass;
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor with GPU Adreno 506;
- 2 or 3 GB of RAM type LPDDR3;
- 16 or 32 GB of internal memory;
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 128 GB;
- front camera: 5 megapixel;
- main camera: 12 Mp f / 2.2 with PDAF and diode flash;
- a battery with a capacity of 3300 mAh;
- Wi-Fi b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS;LTE modem;
- dual SIM;
- Fingerprint’s scanner;
- microUSB 2.0 connector;
- 151.8 × 72.8 × 7.7;
- 157 grams;
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9.