At the exhibition Mobile World Congress 2018 also decided to show the company Wiko, which in Barcelona announced a number of new products. The most interesting are the models Wiko View2 and Wiko View2 Pro with screens 19: 9 and a characteristic cut-out at the top. What else do you need to know about them?
View2, that is, a budget version of the iPhone X
Wiko does not want to lag behind the leading manufacturers of smartphones, among which fashion reigns on the screens of the format, 18: 9. The French, creating a new model of View2, decided to go even further and made a device with a 19: 9 panel, which already at first glance causes associations with Apple’s iPhone X.
Novelty received a 6-inch IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 1528 x 720 pixels (HD +), which has very small side frames and a small cutout at the top. This peculiar island was allocated to the frontal chamber.
In the lower part is a fairly large frame, so the device Apple is still far away. This model is disproportionately narrow, as our correspondent recalls, who had the opportunity to look at Wiko devices on MWC 2018.
Before buying View2 it’s worth supporting in your own hands. The metal frame with antenna stripes and the glossy back panel, which rather unusually reflects the light, are made quite well.
Wiko Company deserved the word of praise for the introduction of several color variants of this device. The fingerprint reader is in the center of the rear of the case, and the camera module is located in the upper left corner. Yes, as well as in the iPhone.
How did Wiko use the unusual screen?
Wiko View2 will be based on Android 8.0 Oreo, but the manufacturer decided to slightly change the overlay to better adapt it to an unusual screen. This also applies to the top of the screen.
Wiko added the function Face Unlock, which allows you to unlock your phone with a face scan. This solution is based on the front camera – 16 Mp (View2 does not have a special system or an iris scanner), as soon as the user starts lifting the phone towards the face, this function is automatically activated.
View2 should stand out as a camera
Specification Wiko View2, not the best. Snapdragon 435, 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal memory and these are just the main components. The plus is the availability of NFC to support contactless payments, but the other modules are not the latest – Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi b / g / n and LTE category 6.
But View2 should stand out with its cameras. Wiko boasts the use of:
- The front camera with a resolution of 16 megapixels and optics f / 2.0 uses the Big Pixel technology, that is, the previously known function that combines data from four neighboring pixels to collect more light.
- The main camera with a resolution of 13 megapixels and optics f / 2.0 – uses the function Instant Multi-frame, which instantly takes five shots, and then automatically chooses the best.
In addition, the French brand has added support for software image stabilization for video shooting (FullHD), both in the main and front cameras. Also, sophisticated algorithms have appeared that will reduce the amount of noise and blur.
A more powerful version of Pro
A more powerful version of View2 will be based on the Snapdragon 450 system, and it also has more memory (4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory). The screen, battery and supported modules remained the same. The key advantage of the device is the dual main camera. Here the following solution is used:
main module: 16 megapixel with standard lens and aperture f / 1.75;
auxiliary module: 16 megapixel with wide-angle lens and aperture f / 2.0.
The presence of a double camera with a wide-angle lens of 120 degrees is a very good addition for the model of the middle class. Of course, if at least half of it works as well as in the LG G6. The optional View2 Pro lens also uses to accurately blur the background (bokeh) in portrait mode.
Below you can see the technical characteristics of Wiko View2, and in the arches of the difference Wiko View2 Pro:
Wiko View2 (Pro) – Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Wiko.
- Family: Wiko View2.
- Segment: smart phone of middle class.
- Operating system: Android 8.0 Oreo.
- System overlay: Wiko UI.
- Released: 2018.
- Display diagonal: 6 inches.
- The screen resolution is 1528 x 720 pixels.
- Type of matrix: IPS LCD.
- The pixel density is 282 ppi.
- Processor model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 (Pro – Qualcomm Snapdragon 450).
- The number of cores: 8-core, 8 x Cortex-A53 with a clock speed of 1.4 GHz (Pro-8 x Cortex-A53 with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz).
- The graphics processor: Adreno 505 (Pro – Adreno 506).
- The maximum amount of RAM: 3 GB (Pro – 4 GB).
- The maximum internal memory is 32 GB (Pro – 64 GB).
- Support for microSD memory cards: up to 128 GB (Pro – up to 256 GB).
- Matrix resolution: 13 Mp (Pro – 16 Mp).
- Aperture brightness: f / 2.0 (Pro – f / 1.75).
- Auto focus with phase detection.
- (Pro – the second matrix of 16 megapixel, wide-angle lens).
- Matrix resolution: 16 megapixels.
- Aperture brightness: f / 2.0.
- Wi-fi 802.11 b / g / n, Wi-Fi Direct.
- Bluetooth 4.2.
- GPS / A-GPS.
- microUSB 2.0.
- Dual SIM.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, approximation, illumination, digital compass.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 72 x 8.3 mm (Pro – 153 x 72.6 x 8.3 mm).
- Weight: 153 g (Pro – 164 g).
- Battery capacity: 3000 mAh.
- The battery is not removable.
Prices are quite acceptable
Very soon, new products Wiko will appear on the European market and they can be bought at the following prices:
- Wiko View2 – 199 euros.
- Wiko View2 Pro – 299 euros.
To be more precise, they can be purchased somewhere in May or June. What do you think about these models?