Sony introduced a new version of its full-frame mirrorless. Sony A7R III has become even faster, more efficient and stronger.
Sony A7R III uses the same 42.4 Mp matrix Exmor R (BSI-CMOS), which is also equipped with Sony A7R II. At our disposal, we get 399 points of the phase detection system, which occupy 68% of the frame, as well as up to 425 AF points with the definition of contrast (400 more than in the a7R II camera). Sony boasts that its new model has twice the more effective “AF by eye” function in comparison with its predecessor.
The A7R III is equipped with an improved image processing engine – BIONZ X, which processes data much faster, and also provides faster and more reliable autofocus operation (in poor light conditions and during object tracking), shooting in serial mode or recording in 4K.
Sony A7R III records images at a rate of 10 frames per second (with full auto focus and exposure) using an electronic or mechanical shutter. The shutter in the new camera has also been improved, and will withstand at least 500 thousand cycles of operation.
The new mirrorless offers a 5-axis image stabilization mechanism with an efficiency of up to 5.5 EV. It is also used in the Pixel Shift Multi mode, which allows you to get photos with a resolution of about 170 megapixels. But this will require new software – “Imaging Edge”, which very soon the manufacturer will provide for free.
Sony A7R III also received the best electronic viewfinder OLED with a resolution of 3.69 million pixels, a larger battery and a dual memory card slot (one of which supports the UHS-II standard).
The main characteristics of the camera Sony A7R III:
- matrix: 42.4 Megapixels Exmor R, full frame;
- Photo resolution: 7952 x 5403 pixels;
- video resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels (30 fps), FullHD mode up to 120 fps;
- autofocus: hybrid, 399 points of phase detection, 425 points of contrast detection, sensitivity from 3EV to 20EV;
- Metering: 1200 zones, sensitivity from – 3EV to 20EV;
- sensitivity: 100-32000 ISO (expanded to ISO 50-102400);
- dynamic range: up to 15 EV, processing 14-bit;
- shutter: from 1/8000 to 30 seconds + Bulb;
- Serial mode: 10 frames / second;
- image stabilization: 5-axis, 5.5 EV efficiency;
- electronic viewfinder: OLED QVGA 3.68 million points;
- Screen: 3 inches, 1.44 million points, touch;
- memory cards: two slots (SD and MS);
- Battery: NP-FZ100;
- connectors: USB C type (3.1), headphones, microphone, lamp stand, external, HDMI;
- Wireless: Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth;
- Interesting features: Eye AF (does not work in movies), Pixel Shift Multi mode (photo 170 Mp), Super35 mode for video, HDR video;
- dimensions and weight: 127 x 96 x 74 mm and 652 grams.
Sony A7R III will be available in late February for $ 3,199.