Samsung officially introduced the model W2018, that is, a new luxury smartphone with a hinged lid and two screens. This device is well-equipped, but it will cost more than Galaxy Note 8 or the top version of the iPhone X.
W2018 is a jubilee model of Samsung.
Samsung once a year brings to market a new exclusive device with a hinged lid. But the latest model is a special product for the South Korean giant. W2018 should mark 10 years of presence in the market of the luxury line W and 25 years of Samsung’s activity in the Chinese market.
What did Samsung prepare for this anniversary? Well, the Samsung W2018 is certainly a very interesting device, the main advantage of which is a flip-shaped case with an alphanumeric keyboard and two 4.2-inch AMOLED displays with FullHD resolution (one inside, the other from the outside).
The W2018 has a lens with a record brightness.
Samsung did not economize on the details for the Samsung W2018. The device works on the top Snapdragon 835, which works with 6 GB of RAM. It also has 64 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded with a microSD memory card, new connection modules and a very similar camera as in the Galaxy S8.
Similar, because this module has a matrix with a resolution of 12 megapixels (1.4 μm pixels), but has optics of higher brightness. Samsung boasts a record f / 1.5, which is the best result in the smartphone market, even better than the LG V30 (f / 1.6). The camera application can change the brightness (between f / 1.5 and f / 2.4) depending on the lighting conditions.
Unfortunately, in the case of this phone did not fit a large battery. W2018 has a battery with a capacity of 2300 mAh. The plus is that this model supports the fast charging function, as well as the wireless charging function. The fingerprint scanner Samsung placed near the main camera module.
SAMSUNG W2018 – Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Samsung.
- Family: Samsung W.
- Segment: flagship smartphone.
- Operating system: Android 7.1 Nougat.
- System overlay: Samsung Experience.
- Released: 2017.
- Display diagonal: 4.2 inches.
- Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Matrix type: Super AMOLED.
- Processor model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835.
- The number of cores: 8-core, 4 x Kryo 280 to 2.15 GHz and 4 x Kryo 280 to 1.6 GHz.
- Graphic system: Adreno 540.
- The maximum amount of RAM: 6 GB.
- The maximum internal memory is 256 GB.
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 256 GB.
- Matrix resolution: 12 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 1.5.
- Auto Focus: Dual Pixel.
- Matrix resolution: 5 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 1,9.
- Wi-fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac, two display zones.
- GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BDS.
- USB 3.1 type C.
- Two SIM cards.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, approximation, illumination, digital compass, barometer.
- Battery capacity: 2300 mAh.
- The battery is not removable.
Samsung decided to add a Bixby button to this device, and the company officially presented the version of its intellectual assistant, which communicates in the Chinese language (standard Chinese). All works on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Samsung Experience. The model should be upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo in 2018.
The price that knocks down.
Samsung W2018, which was released in cooperation with China Telecom will be available only to customers residing in China. The giant did not confirm the prices yet, but they say that it can amount to 15,999 yuan, which, when recounting, gives about $ 2,425.