Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus are smartphones, which we will see next year. But most likely, we do not have to wait until the year has passed since the release of the Galaxy S8. One source claims that the Koreans will show a new flagship a little earlier. It is possible that the debut will take place before the Barcelona exhibition MWC-2018.
Samsung has allegedly completed work on the Galaxy S9 and S9 +. We told you about this last week, and it is possible that these rumors are not at all fiction. After all, work on the successors of the Galaxy S8 began much earlier than usual. Now the question arises: when can we expect the release of new flagships?
The Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus should debut earlier than a year after the release of the Galaxy S8 and S8 +, and we saw them at the conference in late March. Information was provided to us by Ricciolo, who in the past already provided us with verified information. This means that the premiere of new models can be held already in February. The premiere will take place before the exhibition MWC 2018 in Barcelona? This is not yet known. But the Koreans are beginning to avoid such activities. In order to stand out from the crowd their flagships, as Apple does. Perhaps this is why, the debut will actually take place a little earlier. But this will not happen before February. In January, we definitely will not see them.
The Galaxy S9 will get a dual camera and will be faster than its predecessor. Sources also claim that there will be a new solution, or more precisely, copies of solutions that the iPhone X already offers. It is not yet known exactly what is being said. We will find out about this later.
Samsung has already revealed some information about the Galaxy S9. We know that the new flagship will receive LTE modem category 18 and the Exynos 9810 processor. The exact specifications are not yet known. Below you will find only the expected characteristics, which are based on information leaks.
Samsung Galaxy S9 – specifications:
- 5.8 or 6.2-inch Super AMOLED screen with QHD + resolution;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor or a new Exynos 9810;
- 6 GB RAM of the type LPDDR4;
- 64 or 128 GB of UFS 2.x memory;
- microSD memory card reader;
- Front camera at 8 megapixel with aperture f / 1.7;
- dual main camera with a 12 megapixel + telephoto lens;
- battery capacity of about 3000/3500 mAh;
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC;
- modem LTE cat. 18 (up to 1.2 Gbit / s);
- two SIM cards (optional);
- Fingerprint’s scanner;
- an iris scanner;
- Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0.