The vast majority of gaming laptops run on Intel processors, this company has been an unofficial monopoly in this segment of the market for many years. But AMD and its Ryzen processor decided to create competition for them, so far AMD has been oriented only to desktop computers, but Asus decided to use their development in its new gaming laptop.
The new laptop is called the ROG Strix GL702ZC, and it boasts the title of the first gaming laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 processor. The device is equipped with a 17.3-inch IPS display with Full-HD resolution, anti-glare coating and support for Freesync technology. Inside the case is the Ryzen 7 1700 processor with an AMD Radeon RX580 (4 GB VRAM) graphics card, as well as 16 GB of DDR4 memory, expandable to 32 GB.
The device also received SSD M.2 on 256 GB and 1 TB HDD (5400 RPM). The laptop also has an islet keypad with a 30-key key rollover, an HD camera, a multi-format memory card reader, support for Wi-Fi dual-band 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac and Bluetooth 4.2, and as for the connectors, you will get a USB 3.1 type C, 3x USB 3.0, Ethernet, HDMI and mini DisplayPort. All this works under the operating system Windows 10 Home.
Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC will cost you $ 1499.99, a full list of its parameters you will find below.
Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC – Specifications:
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700, 8 cores, 3 GHz + HT (Turbo to 3.7 GHz).
- Memory: 8-32 GB DDR4, 2400 MHz, single-channel mode.
- Screen: 17.3 “(1920 × 1080), IPS, matte.
- Graphics system: AMD RX 580.
- Storage media: SSD 256 GB + HDD 1 TB.
- Dimensions and weight: 411 mm × 276 mm × 33-36 mm, 3.2 kg (laptop) + 1.4 kg (power supply unit).
- Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Connectors: 3 USB 3.1 Type A (USB 3.0), HDMI, SD Card Reader, mini-DisplayPort, RJ-45, USB Type-C, audio (integrated).
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home.