Screens of the 18: 9 format, which are surrounded by narrow frames, are extremely popular among the flagships of 2017. But Xiaomi never limits its customers, so it created two budget models that also boast these features. That’s what the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus models offer.
Xiaomi Redmi is a line that has stolen the hearts of millions of consumers around the world, and all thanks to an exceptionally good value for money. Looking at the new models, we can say with confidence that they fully correspond to the reputation of this line.
Large screens in small buildings.
One of the key elements of the new models are screens with proportions of 18: 9, thanks to which more content is placed on the screen. The frames here are not as narrow as in the top products of competitors, but given the prices of devices, it’s hard to find fault with them. Moreover, even the iPhone 8 on the background of the Redmi 5 looks like a smartphone from a previous era.
Novelties have a metal case, which is available in blue, pink, gold and black.
Smartphones can not boast of any military certificates, but Xiaomi claims that the corners of the case were made in such a way as to best tolerate the fall. I really hope so, because the smaller the frame, the worse the screen perceives the fall.
A good set of components.
As for their price, smartphones received very good equipment. Snapdragon 450 and 625 with the support of 4 GB of RAM should provide reasonable performance, and a large battery is a long work away from the outlet.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 (Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus) – Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Xiaomi.
- Family: Xiaomi Redmi.
- Segment: a budget smartphone.
- Operating system: Android 7.1 Nougat.
- System overlay: MIUI 9.
- Date of the first performance: 2017.
- Display diagonal: 5.7 inches (Plus: 6 inches).
- Screen resolution: 1440 x 720 pixels (Plus: 2160 x 1440 pixels).
- Type of matrix: IPS LCD.
- The pixel density is 282 ppi (Plus: 402 ppi).
- Processor model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 (Plus: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625).
- Number of cores: 8-core, 8 x Cortex-A53 1.8 GHz (Plus: 8-core, 8 x Cortex-A53 2.0 GHz).
- Graphic system: Adreno 506.
- The maximum amount of RAM: 3 GB (Plus: 4 GB).
- The maximum internal memory is 32 GB (Plus: 64 GB).
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 256 GB.
- Matrix resolution: 12 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 2.2.
- Optical image stabilization: no.
- Flash: single (Plus: double).
- Auto focus.
- Matrix resolution: 5 Mp.
- Wi-fi: single-band 802.11 b, g, n (Plus: dual-band).
- Bluetooth 4.2.
- GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BDS.
- NFC: no.
- microUSB 2.0.
- Dual SIM.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyro, approximation, digital compass.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 72.8 x 7.7 mm (Plus: 158.5 x 75.45 x 8.05 mm).
- Weight: 157 g (Plus: 180 g).
- Battery capacity: 3300 mAh (Plus: 4000 mAh).
The operation of all nodes is controlled by MIUI 9, that is, the Chinese version of Android 7.1 Nougat.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus – differences:
Both Xiaomi novelties are very well equipped, both at their price, but the Plus model has several advantages.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus has:
- a large screen diagonal (6 instead of 5.7 inches);
- a screen with a higher resolution (1080p instead of 720p) and better color rendering;
- more powerful processor (Snapdragon 625 instead of Snapdragona 450);
- double flash instead of single flash;
- more memory in the cheapest version (3/32 GB instead of 2/16 GB);
- the best Wi-Fi (two 802.11 a / b / g / n display areas instead of one 802.11 b / g / n zone);
- more capacious battery (4000 mAh instead of 3300 mAh).
Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus – prices:
So far we know only Chinese prices, and they look like this:
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 (2/16 GB) – 799 yuan (approximately 120 dollars);
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 (3/32 GB) – 899 yuan (approximately 135 dollars);
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (3/32 GB) – 999 yuan (approximately 151 dollars);
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (4/64 GB) – 1299 yuan (about 195 dollars).