We keep on repeating that there is boredom in the smartphone market, as all smartphones are very similar to each other. NOMU T18 is one of the few smartphones that stands out from the rest, it not only looks different, but also offers functions that are in vain to search in the devices of competitors.
I must admit that not a single smartphone hit me like NOMU T18. First of all, my attention was drawn to its design, but in the specification I came across several interesting facts. Firstly, this device has an NFC module, which is extremely rare in equipment such as rugged, that is, with a reinforced and waterproof case.
But there is nothing special compared to the fact that the NOMU T18 can also be used as a walkie-talkie! Yes, you read it right. In the box with the phone, the manufacturer also puts the antenna, which is connected to the body by a threaded connection. At this point, it should be noted that this function is offered initially, that is, you do not need to install any applications. The range of this solution is five kilometers.
There is one more thing that is not present in other smartphones – this is a special additional camera that is connected with a cable. With it, you can take photos and record video (there are buttons for control on its case). The standard price of this accessory is $ 69.99, but the manufacturer adds it complete with the NOMU T18 for free. On the Internet there is a video of the manufacturer, which shows all the features of this phone.
NOMU T18 – Specifications:
- 4.7-inch display with HD resolution (1280 × 720; 312 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 3 coating, gloved mode;
- Four nuclear processor MediaTek MT6737T 1.5 GHz (4x ARM Cortex-A53; 28-nm);
- graphics system Mali-T720 MP2;
- 3 GB of RAM;
- 32 GB of internal memory;
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 32 GB;
- main camera: 8 megapixels (Sony IMX219 sensor), video recording in 720p format;
- front camera: 2 Megapixels;
- Bluetooth 4.0;
- two display zones of Wi-Fi 802.11 (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz);
- LTE (support for the B20 800 MHz band);
- GPS, Glonass;
- FM radio;
- Fingerprint’s scanner;
- SOS function;
- Dual SIM;
- 3.5 mm headphone jack;
- microUSB with USB OTG support;
- removable battery capacity of 5200 mAh;
- operating system Android 7.0 Nougat;
- waterproof case, meets the requirements of the IP68 standard and military standard MIL-STD-810G;
- dimensions: 155 × 75.7 × 20.3 mm;
- weight: 322 grams;
- available colors: yellow.
If you are interested in NOMU T18, then you can order it on the manufacturer’s website. The price of the smartphone is 341.31 dollars.