Nokia 8 – is the first smartphone Finns, which received an upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. It happened after several weeks of beta testing. The update is already available and weighs about 1.5 GB. The next phone in the queue are Nokia 5 and 6. Owners of these models in the near future will be able to participate in the trial testing.
Nokia 8 debuted with Nougat, but even then HMD Global promised that this smartphone will receive an upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo in the fall. Some time ago, the company launched a beta test of this program, and today there was a final update for all owners of this model.
The new update for the smartphone Nokia 8 weighs about 1.5 GB and has a mark V4.35J. Thanks to the update on the phone there was a picture-in-picture mode, notifications on icons, Google Play Protect, fast inclusion, and also the function of autocomplete passwords. The software also includes topical, November security updates.
Nokia 8 is the first smartphone HMD Global, which received an update to Android 8.0. We know that all models (except Nokia 2) should receive an upgrade to Oreo. The head of the Finnish company said on Twitter that the next models in the queue are Nokia 5 and 6. The software for these phones has already been tested and in the near future their users will be able to try the beta version. But it is not yet known when the final version of the update will be released. Earlier, the manufacturer said that this will happen before the end of the year, so we expect the premiere in December.
Nokia 7 and 3 should also get an upgrade to Oreo. But with them there was some kind of delay, and most likely, they will receive updates in the next year. More detailed information will have to wait. Technical specifications of Nokia 8 you will find below.
Nokia 8 – Specifications:
- 5.3-inch screen with a resolution of QHD (1440 x 2560 pixels) with glass Gorilla Glass 5;
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with GPU Adreno 540;
- 4 or 6 GB of RAM type LPDDR4X;
- 64 or 128 GB of memory per user data;
- microSD memory card reader (up to 256 GB);
- Front camera: 13 Mp with f / 2.0;
- dual main camera: 13 megapixel, f / 2.0, PDAF, OIS and dual diode flash;
- battery capacity of 3090 mAh;
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC;
- modem LTE cat. 9;
- dual SIM;
- USB-C connector and mini jack;
- button with a fingerprint scanner;
- 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm;
- Android 8.0 Oreo.