Nokia 8 Sirocco is not the only interesting novelty of HMD Global. Finns also introduced Nokia 7 Plus, which was advertised under the slogan “the flagship for everyone.” Here’s what you need to know about this device.
Nokia 7 Plus instead of the global version of the model 7
The company HMD Global at the exhibition MWC 2018 introduced 5 new devices, but one of them is a product that was officially introduced at the beginning of the year. In Barcelona, the Finns introduced only the global version of Nokia 6 (2018), which is based on the Android One platform. But the manufacturer decided not to make such a move with Nokia 7, which at the end of 2017 went on sale in China.
Instead, the model Nokia 7 Plus was introduced in Barcelona. This device is an average price shelf that will give users access to functions known from the flagships, but the novelty is more interesting product than the usual model 7. Just look at its technical specification.
NOKIA 7 PLUS – Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Nokia.
- Family: Nokia 7.
- Segment: A mid-range smartphone.
- Operating system: Android 8.0 Oreo.
- System tab: Android One.
- Released: 2018.
- Display diagonal: 6 inches.
- Screen resolution: 2160 x 1080 pixels.
- Type of matrix: IPS LCD.
- Processor model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660.
- Number of cores: eight core, 8 x Kryo 260 to 2.2 GHz.
- Graphic system: Adreno 512.
- The maximum amount of RAM: 4 GB.
- The maximum amount of memory: 64 GB.
- Support for microSD memory cards: up to 256 GB.
- Matrix resolution: 12 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 1.75.
- Flash: double, two-ton.
- Auto focus with phase detection.
- The second matrix: 13 Mp, f / 2.6, 2-fold zoom.
- Matrix resolution: 16 megapixels.
- Aperture brightness: f / 2.0.
- LTE Category 6.
- Wi-fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac, two display zones.
- Bluetooth 5.0.
- GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BDS.
- USB 2.0 type C.
- Two SIM cards.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, approximation, illumination, digital compass.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 158.38 x 75.64 x 7.99.
- Battery capacity: 3800 mAh.
- The battery is not removable.
- Quick Charge: Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Screen 18: 9 and excellent performance
Nokia 7 Plus on the background of other new products HMD Global is highlighted by the screen format (18: 9). Finns used in it a 6 inch IPS LCD screen with a resolution of FullHD + (2160 x 1080 pixels). This panel fits well in the market trend – it has very small side frames and rounded corners. The manufacturer also took care of the quality of the performance.
The smartphone is closed in a case made of one piece of aluminum of the 6000 series. Its rear part feels like a ceramic, it was made possible by the process of 6-fold painting. The lens of the double camera and the fingerprint scanner are in the middle of the back panel, the camera module extends slightly beyond the body.
The main advantage is a dual camera
The key advantage of Nokia 7 Plus is a dual camera. Here is the same module as in model 8 Sirocco:
- the main lens: 12 megapixels, 1.4 μm pixels, aperture f / 1.75, a viewing angle of 78 degrees;
- additional lens: 13 megapixels, 1 μm pixels, aperture f / 2.6, viewing angle 47.3 degrees;
- double, two-toned flash.
An additional lens, which is paired with a telephoto lens, provides a 2-fold optical zoom function. The front is a 16 Mp lens, which should take good pictures, even in the worst lighting conditions and at night. All optical elements were prepared by Zeiss.
Nokia 7 Plus is also equipped with Nokia Camera application with professional mode. Users can manually adjust settings such as ISO, white balance, exposure, or shutter speed. There is also a Dual-Sight function, and during the recording of the video you can use Nokia OZO Audio technology.
In addition, HMD Global boasts that Nokia 7 Plus is the company’s first smartphone, which uses functions based on machine learning to improve the quality of photos taken by the front camera. The company also provides an unlimited place for photos in Google Photos.
What elements have been improved?
The Plus model has the following advantages over the usual Nokia 7:
more powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 (instead of 630), which works in conjunction with 4 GB of RAM (faster memory type LPDRR4);
battery capacity of 3800 mAh, which is a big jump, as in the previous model there was a 3000 mAh battery.
Nokia 7 Plus has a reasonable price.
Nokia 7 Plus should appear on sale only in early April and will be available in two colors – black and white (both with copper inserts). The retail price (without taxes) will be 399 euros.
Looking at its specifications, you can say that this is a fairly reasonable price. How do you think?