Perhaps Xiaomi Mi 6 will be one of the first smartphones of the Chinese, which will receive an upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. The manufacturer is working on the launch of closed beta testing and is currently in the process of searching for the first testers. The open beta version of the new software will have to wait a little longer.
Xiaomi Mi 6 was one of the first smartphones of the Chinese company, which debuted with Android 7.1 Nougat. But the market has already appeared Android 8.0 Oreo, and the Chinese are already working on updating their smartphones.
Chinese media reported that Xiaomi is already looking for testers Android 8.0 Oreo for smartphone Mi 6. The manufacturer wants to choose a narrow circle of individuals with whom he will conduct all testing. Unfortunately, the testing will be closed. Only after a while, the company will provide updates under the new version of MIUI 9. But when this happens it is not yet known. Most likely, will have to wait until next year. So it was with Nouga for Mi 5, the first testing was also closed.
Android 8.0 Oreo will bring many new solutions to the smartphone Xiaomi Mi 6. Among them there is a picture-in-picture mode and channels for notifications. Of course, the Chinese will separate their options from the Google platform, so smartphone owners will receive Android Oreo, which will continue to be supplied with the MIUI 9 patch.
Android Oreo will also appear on other Xiaomi devices, which models will receive the updates you can see in this article. It is worth adding that recently appeared a cheaper version of Mi 6 with 4 GB of RAM. The technical specifications of this phone are below.
Xiaomi Mi 6 – specifications:
- 5.15-inch LCD screen with a resolution of Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) and a brightness of 600 nits;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU;
- 4 or 6 GB of RAM type LPDDR4;
- 64 or 128 GB of memory;
- Front camera at 8 megapixels;
- dual camera: 12 Mp f / 1.8 + telephoto lens f / 2.6, dual diode flash, 4-axis OIS;
- battery with a capacity of 3350 mAh with fast charging;
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC;
- LTE modem;
- dual SIM;
- Fingerprint’s scanner;
- stereo speakers;
- 145.17 x 70.49 x 7.45 mm;
- 168 grams;
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI 8.