Shortly before the official launch of the exhibition MWC 2018 LG introduced the LG V30S ThinQ – an improved version of its top-end phone. Major changes are new functions related to artificial intelligence, but there are also easy improvements in the specification.
Vision AI, that is, an intelligent camera.
The camera LG V30S ThinQ is supported by artificial intelligence, which should provide better image quality and additional features.
AI CAM – recognition of objects in the frame.
The camera recognizes the objects in the frame, and adjusts the optimal settings for one of the predefined scenes: food, animals, landscape, city, flowers, sunrise and sunset. For example, after shooting a color photo of a dish, the software makes the colors more saturated to make everything look more appetizing.
We already know a similar function with Huaweia Mate 10 Pro.
QLens are smart purchases.
The smartphone knows how to recognize specific products. Just point the camera at the object to see links to online stores that offer it at the lowest prices, as well as links to similar products. This function can also display information about buildings or monuments. A useful thing for a tourist.
This mode is responsible for scanning QR codes.
Bright Mode – improved image quality at night.
Artificial intelligence is also responsible for a more accurate analysis of lighting conditions, and selects appropriate brightness. The photo can be even twice as bright, without visible noises.
This mode combines individual pixels. As a result, the image has a lower resolution (4 megapixel instead of 16 megapixel), but it has a noticeably higher brightness, without interfering with other parameters (for example, exposure time or ISO).
Voice AI, that is, the pumped Google Assistant
LG, instead of developing its own voice assistant, decided to do a deeper integration with the Google assistant.
By the 24th standard commands, LG added 8 more, which will be responsible for performing specific functions: panorama, interval shooting of video slow-motion, night photos, camera with AI mode, image search, QR code scanner and product recognition.
There are other changes.
This smartphone is not a completely new product; The vast majority of the characteristics, like the look, were completely taken from the V30. But there are still minor improvements.
LG THINQ V30S – Specifications:
- Manufacturer: LG.
- Family: LG V.
- Segment: flagship smartphone.
- Operating system: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- System tab: LG UX 6.0+.
- Released: 2018.
- Display diagonal: 6 inches.
- The screen resolution is 2880 x 1440.
- Matrix type: OLED.
- The pixel density is 537 ppi.
- Processor model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835.
- The number of cores: 8-core, 4 x Kryo to 2.45 GHz, 4 x Kryo to 1.9 GHz.
- Graphic system: Adreno 540.
- The maximum amount of RAM: 6 GB.
- The maximum internal memory is 128 GB.
- Support for microSD memory cards: up to 2 TB.
- Matrix resolution: 16 megapixels.
- Aperture brightness: f / 1.6.
- Optical image stabilization.
- Electronic image stabilization.
- Auto focus: laser, phase detection.
- The second matrix: 13 Mp, wide-angle lens at 120 degrees, f / 1.9.
- Matrix resolution: 5 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 2.2.
- Optical image stabilization: no.
- LTE cat. 16.
- Wi-fi: 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, two display areas.
- Bluetooth 5.0.
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB type C.
- Dual SIM: no.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, approximation, illumination, digital compass.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 151.4 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm.
- Weight: 158g.
- Battery capacity: 3300 mAh.
- The battery is not removable.
- Quick Charge: Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Degree of protection: IP68, MIL-STD-810G.
V30S ThinQ has:
- more RAM (6 GB instead of 4 GB);
- more internal memory (128 or 256 instead of 64 GB).
The version with 256 GB of memory will go to the market as V30S + ThinQ.
LG has prepared two color versions:
- V30S ThinQ – blue;
- V30S + ThinQ is platinum gray.
LG has not yet disclosed the price and availability information.
The AI functions will also appear in older LG smartphones.
LG assures that this is only the first wave of functions related to artificial intelligence. The ThinQ platform will be regularly enriched with new features.
There is good news for users of existing models. The main functions will fall on the models V30 and LG G6. Unofficially it is said about the first half of the second quarter.