LG V30 waited for the long-awaited update to Android 8.0 Oreo. The manufacturer said that it is beginning to introduce stable software on phones, and it starts from Korea. Early next year, the update will be available globally.
LG V30 is the first smartphone of Koreans, which received an upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. That should not surprise, since this is the last flagship of this manufacturer. A few weeks ago, the manufacturer began testing the update program with selected users. The company has collected many reviews, as it was tested by more than 500 people.
Android 8.0 Oreo is now available by OTA for owners of LG V30 from South Korea. The manufacturer boasts a faster phone launch, better program performance and lower power consumption. Also there are new functions, such as the “picture in picture” mode and notification icons. The update can also be installed using LG PC Suite. The global availability of the new Android for V30 users was scheduled for early 2018. Then the update should appear in our country, but the exact date remains a mystery.
LG V30 was the first in line for upgrading to Android 8.0 Oreo, but not the only one. I’m pretty sure that soon the update will also arrive for LG G6 owners. But it is not known when this will happen. It is possible that we will have to wait a little longer.
In the past, LG has already shown that it is able to quickly deliver updates to new versions of Android. The situation in some models may improve if the company includes Project Treble. Technical specifications of the V30 are below.
LG V30 – specifications:
- 6-inch OLED FullVision screen with QHD + resolution (1440 x 2880 pixels), Gorilla Glass 5;
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with GPU Adreno 540;
- 4 GB RAM of the type LPDDR4;
- 64 or 128 GB of memory for data type UFS 2.x;
- Support for microSD memory cards (up to 2 TB);
- front camera: 5 megapixel, f / 2.2;
- dual main camera: 16 Mp, f / 1.6 with OIS and PDAF + wide-angle lens 13 Mp f / 1.9;
- battery capacity of 3300 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0;
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC;
- LTE modem;
- USB-C connector, mini jack;
- Quad DAC ESS SABRE ES9218P;
- Fingerprint’s scanner;
- 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm;
- 158 grams;
- IP68, MIL-STD 810G;
- Android 8.0 Oreo.