LG G7 may not appear at the MWC 2018 in Barcelona. Korean media reported that instead of this model we will see a smartphone LG V30 Plus Alpha. This device should have new functions based on artificial intelligence, but more powerful components, most likely, we will not see.
LG G7 is a smartphone that was supposed to be presented on MWC 2018. But the latest information shows that Koreans decided to change their strategy. Moreover, they decided to show a completely new flagship, which no one expected to see. This means that we can not even see the G7 model at an exhibition in the capital of Catalonia. So what will we see? It is possible that the new version of the V30.
Korean media reported that at the exhibition MWC 2018 should appear smartphone called LG V30 Plus α (alpha). Rumors suggest that it will be a smartphone that will get new opportunities from the field of artificial intelligence. The company works closely with the giant from Mountain View, perhaps we’ll see Google Assistant with new features, which until now did not exist.
Jo Seong-jin, CEO of the Korean company, last week at the CES 2018 in Las Vegas, said that the regular introduction of new flagships is not a good idea. It is better to concentrate on increasing the service life of existing phone models. The head of the company also added that the G6 and V30 are really well-made smartphones so on MWC we really can not see the LG G7, but only an updated version of last year’s model.
From a technical point of view, LG V30 Plus Alpha, most likely, will not be anything different from its predecessor. Changes will appear in the phone’s software. If this is the case, then its technical characteristics you will find below.
LG V30 Plus Alpha – specifications:
- 6-inch OLED FullVision screen with QHD + resolution (1440 x 2880 pixels), Gorilla Glass 5;
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with GPU Adreno 540;
- 4 GB RAM of the type LPDDR4;
- 64 or 128 GB of UFS 2.0 memory;
- Support for microSD memory cards (up to 2 TB);
- front camera: 5 megapixel, f / 2.2;
- dual main camera: 16 Mp, f / 1.6 with OIS and PDAF + wide-angle lens 13 Mp f / 1.9;
- battery capacity of 3300 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0;
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC;
- LTE modem;
- USB-C connector, mini jack;
- Quad DAC ESS SABRE ES9218P;
- Fingerprint’s scanner;
- 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm;
- 158 grams;
- IP68, MIL-STD 810G;
- Android 8.0 Oreo.