I admit, LG managed to surprise me. I have almost forgotten about such a model as the LG V34, known as the LG V20 S. It was introduced last October in Japan, as a smaller, waterproof version of the V20. And now attention: in nine months he appears in Europe under the name LG Q8.
Whence there was an idea of such name, remains a riddle. After all, LG Q6 has just been introduced – a middle-class plastic smartphone that looks reminiscent of the LG G6. “Q8” should justify its name, it should save something from the Q6 model and at the same time, be better in terms of performance or camera. In the specification issue, one could still agree with this, but putting Q6 and Q8 next to each other, I would not say in my life that they are representatives of one line. It really is, because LG Q8 is a smaller version of LG V20, and LG Q6 is trying to pretend to be LG G6.
What does LG Q8 offer its users? Here are its specifications:
LG Q8 – specifications:
- Screen: IPS, 5.2-inch, Quad HD (2560 × 1440 pixels), small auxiliary IPS screen 2.1 inches (1040 × 160 pixels).
- The processor: Snapdragon 820 (2.2 GHz).
- Memory: 4 GB.
- Internal memory: 32 GB (UFS 2.0), expandable with microSD memory cards (up to 2 TB).
- Camera: 16 Mp + 8 Mp, a lens with a wide angle of 135º.
- Battery: 3000 mAh with fast charging.
- In addition: waterproof (standard IP67), fingerprint scanner, advanced audio functions (32-bit HiFi Quad DAC digital-to-analog converter), USB type C.
- Software: Android 7. Nougat with a lining LG.
- Dimensions: 72 mm x 149 mm x 8.0 mm.
- Weight: 146 g.
Components, therefore, coincide with those that LG introduced in Japan last fall – it’s LG V34 with a changed name. The smartphone will be on sale at Amazon at a price of 599 euros.
Maybe the device will please fans of LG V20 – in the end, something will appear on the European market that resembles this smartphone and is not inferior to it from the point of view of specification. It is not yet known whether LG Q8 will get to our country. What do you think about it?