As expected, LG updated its flagship phone. LG G6 Plus is not fundamentally different from the main version, but the differences are greater than indicated by the leakage.
LG G6 Plus – a new case and more memory.
A few days ago I wrote an article about why smartphone manufacturers are so eager to use glass cases. LG G6 Plus confirmed what I wrote about – thanks to the use of an additional layer, its body becomes even more brilliant.
The smartphone will be available in versions of Optical Terra Gold (rose gold), Optical Marine Blue (blue) and Optical Astro Black (black). The cases will effectively shine and change their color depending on the angle of incidence of light.
LG G6 Plus also has 128 GB of internal memory, this is twice as large as the most powerful version of the G6.
Quad DAC and good headphones included.
Some versions of LG G6 have a high-quality analog-to-digital converter, but the availability of this option is limited and depends on the market or sales channel. In the LG G6 Plus, the Hi-Fi chip goes standard, and the manufacturer adds B & O Play H3 headphones to the set, the market value of which is about 185 dollars.
In addition, in some countries, the LG G6 Plus will also have a built-in wireless charging module.
New features that will also appear in the regular G6.
LG G6 Plus has received updated software that brings several new features.
- Face Print – face recognition. A new authentication method that uses the built-in camera. It will be activated automatically when you pick up the phone and carry it to your face, so it does not require any buttons, and does not negatively affect energy consumption.
- Low Power Consumption – a set of algorithms that optimize the performance of components to improve the performance of third-party applications with lower power consumption.
- Covered Lens is a function that determines if the finger of the view of the wide-angle camera does not obscure.
The good news is that the current users can also use the new software update.
LG G6 Plus – specifications:
- Manufacturer: LG.
- Family: LG G.
- Segment: flagship smartphone.
- Operating system: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- System tab: LG UX 6.0.
- Released: 2017.
- Display diagonal: 5.7 inches.
- The screen resolution is 2880 x 1440.
- Type of matrix: IPS LCD.
- The pixel density is 565 ppi.
- Processor model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821.
- The number of cores: 4-core, 2 x Kryo to 2.35 GHz = 2 x Kryo to 1.6 GHz.
- Graphic system: Adreno 530.
- Maximum amount of RAM: 4 GB.
- The maximum internal memory is 128 GB.
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 2 TB.
- Matrix resolution: 13 Mp.
- Brightness of the aperture: f / 1,8.
- Optical image stabilization.
- Auto focus with phase detection.
- The second matrix: 13 Mp, wide-angle lens 135 degrees, f / 2.4.
- Matrix resolution: 5 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 2.2.
- Optical image stabilization.
- LTE cat. 12.
- Wi-fi a / b / g / n / ac.
- Bluetooth 4.2.
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB type C.
- Dual SIM: no.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, approximation, illumination, digital compass.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9.
- Weight: 163g.
- Battery capacity: 3300 mAh.
- The battery is not removable.
- Quick Charge: Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Degree of protection: IP68, 810G.
These changes are so small that I will not wait for this model with impatience. In turn, users of the usual G6 should not be disappointed that soon after the purchase there was an improved version. The price of the new smartphone is not yet known to us.