HTC today introduced two new models – HTC U11 Life and HTC U11 Plus – the family HTC U. Both new models with their style and capabilities are similar to the flagship HTC U11. On both also stands the Android system of the latest version 8.0 Oreo.
HTC U11 Plus – as the name suggests – this is an enhanced and improved version of the flagship. This model uses a 6-inch SuperLCD 6 display with aspect ratios of 18: 9 and a resolution of QHD +, that is 1440×2880 pixels. The smartphone has a casing that consists of a metal frame and two parts of a convex glass, and its screen protects an additional layer of Gorilla Glass 5. The HTC U11 Plus case is completely waterproof, and complies with the IP68 certificate. HTC U11 Plus uses 8-core processor Snapdragon 835, which works on a pair with 6 GB of RAM. It also uses internal memory type UFS 2.1 with a capacity of 128 GB, and it can be expanded to 2 TB using a microSD memory card. In some countries, the option with 4 + 64 GB memory will also be available.
In the HTC U11 Plus, HTC Sense interface received additional functions. It has a known with HTC U11 Edge Sense – that is, a frame that responds to compression – in an improved version this function gives much more possibilities. The phone supports two assistants: Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, as well as Sense Companion – that is, a hint system based on the user’s behavior. In HTC U11 Plus you will also find advanced audio functions. You will receive U Sonic headphones – actively muffle ambient noise and adjust the sound to the user’s hearing, as well as Boom Sound speakers with an enlarged acoustic chamber inside the case. The phone has the Hi-res audio certificate and supports the codecs aptX and LDAC.
In HTC U11 Plus of course there is a module LTE cat. 15, as well as two display zones of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC and GPS / Glonass. Power provides a battery capacity of 3930 mAh with fast charging standard Quick Charge 3.0, as well as with the possibility of wireless charging, which was missing in the U11. Two single cameras are responsible for the photos.
The rear camera has a bright lens with a f / 1.7 f / 1.7, this is a BSI UltraPixel matrix with a resolution of 12 megapixels, with fast auto focus and optical image stabilization. The camera saves files in RAW format, and video in Full HD format, in slow-motion shooting of 120 frames per second and in 4K high-definition format, and also it records surround sound with the help of 4 microphones. The front camera has a resolution of 8 megapixels, a lens with an aperture of f / 2.0 and a field of view of 85 degrees. Both cameras can take photos in HDR Boost mode, combining several frames of different exposure in one frame.
HTC U11 Plus will be available in a traditional black case, as well as in a translucent casing, which clearly shows the coil of wireless charging. The cost of the HTC U11 Plus will be $ 930.
HTC U11 Plus – Specifications:
- Manufacturer: HTC.
- Family: HTC U.
- Segment: flagship smartphone.
- Operating system: Android 8.0 Oreo.
- System overlay: HTC Sense.
- Released: 2017.
- Display diagonal: 6 inches.
- Screen resolution: 2880 x 1440 pixels.
- Type of matrix: IPS LCD 6.
- The pixel density is 537 ppi.
- Processor model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835.
- The number of cores: nuclear, 4 x Kryo to 2.45 GHz, 4 x Kryo to 1.9 GHz.
- Graphic system: Adreno 540.
- 6 GB of RAM.
- 128 GB of internal memory.
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 256 GB.
- Matrix resolution: 12 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 1,7.
- Optical image stabilization.
- Electronic image stabilization.
- The flash is double two-ton.
- Auto Focus: Dual Pixel.
- Matrix resolution: 8 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 2.0.
- LTE category 16.
- Wi-fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, two display zones.
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD.
- GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BDS.
- USB 3.1 type C.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyro, approximation, digital compass.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.9 x 8.5 mm.
- Weight: 188 g.
- Battery capacity: 3930 mAh.
- The battery is not removable.
- Quick Charge: Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Degree of protection: IP68.