In China, premiered Honor V10, that is, a simplified analogue of Huawei Mate 10 Pro. How much is it simplified?
The most noticeable difference is its appearance. The glass case of the Mate 10 Pro was replaced with an aluminum one, which surprised many, because with Honor 9 and Huawei P10 everything was the other way around.
Honor V10, like the Mate 10 Pro has a 6-inch screen, 18: 9, with a fairly narrow frame. But under the screen there was a place for a fingerprint scanner (in Mate it is located on the back of the case).
Of all the colors (gold, black, blue and red) I most like the red version.
There is also an intelligent Kirin 970 here.
The heart, or rather the brain, of the smartphone is the flagship processor Kirin 970, which has a built-in unit that is responsible for performing tasks related to artificial intelligence. It is this site that is responsible for improving the quality of the images, learning the habits of the user and the optimal control of the components.
The most powerful version of the smartphone is equipped with 6 GB of RAM.
Honor V10 – Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Huawei.
- Family: Honor V.
- Segment: flagship smartphone.
- Operating system: Android 8.0 Oreo.
- System tab: EMUI 8.0.
- Released: 2017.
- Display diagonal: 5.99 inches.
- Screen resolution: 2160 x 1080 pixels.
- Type of matrix: IPS LCD.
- Processor model: HiSilicon Kirin 970.
- Number of cores: 8-core, 4 x Cortex-73 2.4 GHz and 4 Cortex-A53 1.8 GHz.
- Graphical core: ARM Mali-G72 MP12.
- The maximum amount of RAM: 6 GB.
- The maximum internal memory is 128 GB.
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 256 GB.
- Matrix resolution: 16 megapixels.
- Brightness of the aperture: f / 1,8.
- Optical image stabilization: no.
- Flash: double, two-ton.
- Auto focus with phase detection.
- The second matrix: 20 Mp, black and white, f / 1.8.
- Matrix resolution: 13 Mp.
- Aperture brightness: f / 2.0.
- Optical image stabilization: no.
- Wi-fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, two display zones.
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD.
- GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS.
- USB 2.0 type C.
- Two SIM cards.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, approximation, illumination, digital compass, barometer.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 157 x 74.98 x 6.97 mm.
- Weight: 172 g.
- Battery capacity: 3750 mAh.
- The battery is not removable.
- Fast charging: yes.
One of the key roles here is also played by a dual camera, which has a color and monochrome matrix, the latter of which is responsible for improving the contrast and depth (background blur). Its parameters are slightly worse than in Huawei’s flagships.
Honor V10 and Huawei Mate 10 Pro – how do they differ?
Many would like that the Chinese simply paste another logo on their top-end phone and sell it cheaper, but, unfortunately, they did not. The differences are quite noticeable. Honor V10 has the following differences:
- IPS screen instead of AMOLED;
- a camera with a darker diaphragm (f / 1.8 instead of f / 1.6), without optical stabilization, laser auto focus and Leik optics;
- a smaller battery (3750 mAh instead of 4000 mAh)
- housing without certificate IP67 (waterproof).
Although the company did not report, but I suspect that the Honor V10 also has a slower internal memory.
On paper, both phones are very similar to each other, but it can be seen that the cost reduction can not pass unnoticed.
Fortunately, the prices are very attractive.
Depending on the option, the prices are as follows:
- Honor V10 4/64 GB – 2699 yuan (approximately 409 dollars);
- Honor V10 6/64 GB -2999 yuan (approximately $ 455);
- Honor V10 6/128 GB -3499 yuan (about 531 dollars).
The prices are very attractive. And what do you think about this smartphone? Would you take it?