After the introduction of new products with screens 18: 9 from the middle price shelf, the Chinese giant takes the lower segment. The first appeared model Honor 7C, which received not only a FullView screen, but also a dual main camera.
Honor – as previously reported – introduced another equipment with a screen size 18: 9. After such smart phones as Honor 7X and Honor 9 Lite, it’s time for cheaper models – 7C.
First of all, this device can boast of such elements:
- 5.99-inch IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels, which protects the layer of tempered glass 2.5 D (rounded edges).
- The main camera with a 13 megapixel lens and an additional 2 Megapixel lens, which should collect depth information, which is used to accurately apply the blur effect.
Honor 7C does not work on the Kirin system, but on Snapdragon 450. This Qualcomm SoC works with 3 GB or 4 GB of RAM, and the built-in memory has a capacity of 32 or 64 GB, it can be expanded with a microSD card. The key elements of the specification are as follows:
Honor 7C – Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Huawei.
- Family: Honor 7.
- Segment: a budget smartphone.
- Operating system: Android 8.0 Oreo.
- System tab: EMUI 8.0.
- Released: 2018.
- Display diagonal: 5.99 inches.
- Screen resolution: 1440 x 720 pixels.
- Type of matrix: IPS LCD.
- The pixel density is 269 ppi.
- Processor model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450.
- The number of cores: 8-core, 8 x Cortex-A53 with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz.
- Graphic system: Adreno 506.
- The maximum amount of RAM: 4 GB.
- The maximum internal memory is 64 GB.
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 256 GB.
- Matrix resolution: 13 Mp.
- Auto focus with phase detection.
- The second matrix: 2 Megapixels, depth detection.
- Matrix resolution: 8 Mp.
- Wi-fi 802.11 b / g / n, Wi-Fi Direct.
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE.
- GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BDS.
- USB 2.0, microUSB.
- Two SIM cards.
Safety and sensors:
- The fingerprint scanner.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, approximation, digital compass.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 76.7 x 7.8 mm.
- Weight: 164g.
- Battery capacity 3000 mAh.
- The battery is not removable.
New Android and Face Unlock
Undoubted advantage of Honor 7C is the presence of Android 8.0 Oreo, which is covered with EMUI 8.0 overlay. This system brought a lot of interesting additives, and one of the main innovations is the Face Unlock function, which allows you to quickly unlock the smartphone by scanning the face – the 7C model is the only one in the budget segment that supports this function.
The Chinese do not use special systems here like the True Depth camera in the iPhone X. Their face recognition system is based on a front camera with a resolution of 8 megapixels. The fingerprint scanner is also there, it is on the back panel.
Good price. At least in China
Already on March 13 Honor 7C will go on sale in the Chinese market, where its price, depending on the option, will look like this:
- version with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of memory – 899 yuan (approximately 142 dollars);
- version with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of memory and 1299 yuan (approximately 205 dollars).
At first, the smartphone will be available in China, but in the near future it should get to Europe. If in our country the price of the 7C model looks like the following, it will be quite an interesting offer from a lower price range.