Fenix 5S company Garmin again won first place in the ranking of sports watches. How does the new Garmin outshine its competitors?
New sports watches by Garmin come in three versions: the Fenix 5, 5S and 5X models, differ in size, design and technical characteristics. Recently we tested the thinnest Fenix 5S model with a 42 mm body. Thanks to many complex solutions, this model bypassed in the rating of its predecessor – Fenix 3.
New Year, new design.
The weak point of Fenix 3 was a clumsy, stocky appearance. Fenix 5S – stylish and looks prestigious. In addition, the heart rate monitor in the new model was integrated with the body, and due to this it does not leave prints, as it was before. A novelty is the quick menu, which allows you to manage music from your smartphone.
Fenix 5S: excellent equipment.
5S retains the strengths of Fenix 3. The watch has many built-in or attached sensors, as well as several sports modes, such as skiing or golf. The operating time on the battery is acceptable: in the test mix of use with partially active sports functions, the clock turned off after only 9 days. In GPS mode, they lasted 14 hours. Models 5 and 5X also have powerful batteries. Fenix 5S supports communication with all current smartphones, and via USB cable with a computer. Typical for Garmin service and applications can be frightening, but they allow you to customize sports modes and menus, and the application allows you to analyze a lot of data.
Fenix 5S – Specs:
- Dimensions: 1.7 “x 1.7” x 0.6 “(42 mm x 42 mm x 14.5 mm).
- The size of the front side: 42 mm.
- Display Size: 1.1 “(218 x 218 pixels).
- Strap width: 20 mm.
- Display Type: sunlight visible, always on, low power consumption, color display.
- Battery type: Li-ion battery.
- Battery life: up to 8 days in clock mode (depending on settings), up to 13 hours in GPS mode and up to 50 hours in
- UltraTrac power saving mode.
- Weight: 87 grams.
- Waterproof class: 10ATM / 100 meters.
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth Low Energy, ANT + (all versions), Wi-FI.
- Built-in memory: 64 MB – 54 MB available.
- Waypoints / favorites / positions: 1000.
- Routes: 30.
- Travel log: 200 hours.
Luxury sports watches Garmin Fenix 5S attract attention with its stylish design. They also have interesting features, but the clock service and the app still requires some skills.