The company Elephone has long been trying to break into the minds of the audience outside of China. One of the ways that should help to enter the market on a larger scale is expected to be the new Elephone S8. And we must admit that it has something to look at.
A new player who targets a higher middle shelf can be tempted not only by design, but also by technical characteristics. We already know that the smartphone will work on MediaTek Helio x27, paired with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of memory for user data. For the quality of the photo here is the main camera with a matrix of 21 megapixels, and the screen will work in 2K resolution. It’s a question of a 6-inch diagonal, but at the moment we do not know what kind of protective shell the manufacturer will decide to put.
Elephone decided to apply a slightly innovative approach to the screen. As you can see in the photos, the screen will be “practically frameless” on three sides, while the bottom fragment with the Home button will retain the standard view. This is a reasonable solution, as for many users the physical button plays a big role.
How do you like this smartphone? At least what do we already know? I like its appearance, and its components promise decent performance. If its price is reasonable, then I do not mind buying it. On the Internet there is information that the price of Elephone S8 will be about $ 300.
Elephone S8 – Specifications:
- 6-inch display with a resolution of 2K (2560 x 1440 pixels);
- 10-core MediaTek Helio x27 MT6797X (2 Cortex-A72 2.6 GHz + 4 Cortex-A53 2 GHz + 4 Cortex-A53 1.6 GHz);
- Graphics system Mali-T880 MP4 875 MHz;
- 4 GB RAM of the type LPDDR3;
- 64 GB of internal memory;
- Main camera: 21 megapixel with diode flash;
- Front camera: 13 Mp;
- Support for microSD memory cards;
- Battery capacity of about 4000 mAh;
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat.