A huge HDR image with a resolution of 4K. This is what the BenQ W1700 projector can offer you. Your own home theater, which in a few weeks will go on sale.
Projectors are increasingly replacing TVs in our homes. Their diagonal images are much larger, and now even the quality is not inferior. The new BenQ model offers 4K resolution and supports HDR. What else can the W1700 boast?
BenQ W1700 is a projector with 4K HDR resolution for home theater.
BenQ W1700 is based on DLP technology and uses an optical system that is designed to provide – I quote – “the highest level of image accuracy and true color rendering” with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. Not bad visual effects should also provide: support for HDR 10 format, CinematicColor technology and 6-element color wheel RGBRGB. As a result, this projector has a 96 percent coverage of Rec. 709.
As befits a home theater, the W1700 was equipped with technology designed for movies. This is CinemaMaster Video + and CinemaMaster Audio +. The manufacturer assures that they will provide unusual sensations.
The BenQ W1700 features a brightness of 2200 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 10,000: 1, provides an optical zoom of 1.2x, has the function of automatic keystone correction vertically, and also has a lamp that must withstand 15,000 hours in economical mode.
BenQ W1700 – specifications and price:
- Type: DLP.
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- Brightness: 2200 ANSI lumens.
- Contrast ratio: 10,000: 1.
- Number of displayed colors: 1.07 billion.
- HDR: HDR 10.
- The projection factor is 1.47 – 1.76 (100 “@ 3.25 m).
- Diagonal of the image: 60 “- 200”.
- Zoom: 1,2x.
- Horizontal frequency: 15 – 102 kHz.
- Vertical frequency: 23 – 120 Hz.
- Interface: HDMI 1.4, HDMI 2.0, D-Sub, USB-A, USB mini-B, mini-jack, RS232, IR Reciever.
- Power consumption: 250W (Eco) / 330W (Normal) / 385W (Max).
- Light source: lamp, service life: 4000 h (Normal), 15 000 hours (Eco).
- Operation volume: 29-32 dB.
- Dimensions: 353 x 135 x 272 mm.
- Weight: 4,2 kg.
The market debut of the projector is scheduled for early 2018. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is 1895 dollars.