The Strix GL702ZC stands out as an excellent processor, a good graphics card, and also support for FreeSync. This is the only laptop on the market with this combination.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC is the world’s first notebook equipped with AMD Ryzen desktop processor. The new model, finally, went on sale – this is an offer for those who besides games are still engaged in solving semi professional tasks.
The ROG Strix GL702ZC was equipped with a 17.3-inch IPS matrix with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels with a refresh rate of 120 Hz, and an additional advantage is the support for FreeSync technology (also for displays connected via DisplayPort and HDMI connectors).
Players will be interested in its full-sized keyboard with a low key stroke, where everything is brightened up by stylish, red LED lighting.
Inside there is an 8-core / 16-stream AMD Ryzen 7 1700 processor, 8-32 GB of DDR4-2400 memory, and an AMD Radeon RX 580 video card with 4 GB of video memory. The data is allocated a 1TB HDD and an additional 240 GB or 480 GB SSD.
The Hyper Cool Duo-Copper authoring system is responsible for the cooling – it uses two independent fans for the CPU and GPU, which ensure the optimum operating temperatures of the components.
GL702ZC should offer very good performance, but it can not be attributed to too compact devices – its thickness is 34 mm, and weight – 3.2 kg. A 4-cell Li-Pol battery with a capacity of 4800 mAh is responsible for the power supply.
Technical specifications of the ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC:
- Screen with a diagonal of 17.3 inches and a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels:
- type of matrix: IPS, matt;
- 72% coverage of the NTSC color palette;
- viewing angles: 178/178 degrees;
- support for AMD FreeSync;
- refresh rate: 60 or 120 Hz;
- processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700;
- from 8 to 16 GB of RAM DDR4-2400 (two slots, a maximum of 32 GB);
- graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 580 with 4 GB of GDDR5 memory;
- data storage, functions (max two HDD / SSHD + SSD):
- a hard disk with a rotation speed of 7200 rpm with a capacity of 1 TB;
- hard disk 5400 rpm with a capacity of 1 TB;
- SSHD, 5400 rpm with a capacity of 1 TB;
- SSD 128 GB M. 2 SATA3;
- SSD 256 GB M. 2 SATA3;
- SSD 512 GB M. 2 SATA3;
- controller Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2×2);
- Bluetooth 4.2;
- 1 Gbps Ethernet controller;
- 720p camera;
- keyboard with illumination (stroke 1.6 mm);
- slot for SD memory card;
- HD Audio controller with Asus Sonic Studio software;
- 3x USB 3.1 Type A (5 GB / s);
- 1x USB port 3.1 type C (10 Gbit / s);
- 1x mini jack (headphone / microphone);
- output image: HDMI, mini DisplayPort;
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home;
- Dimensions: 415 x 280 x 34 mm;
- weight: 3 ~ 3.2 kg (depending on the configuration);
- power supply 280 V, 14.36 A, 19.5 V.
The basic configuration of the ROG Strix GL702ZC was estimated at 1645 dollars. However, it is worth remembering that for more RAM and SSD drive, you will need to pay extra. The most powerful version costs 2135 dollars.