Alcatel Idol 4 and Idol 4S are great smartphones. It is therefore not surprising that we were waiting for the release of their successors. The manufacturer surprised us a bit, because this year only one model will enter the market – Idol 5S. The device has just made its debut, thanks to which we already know its characteristics and of course, the price.
Let me first tell you about one disconnect. The name says Idol 5S is the direct successor of Idol 4S. But looking at the specification, it seems more logical that this model is the successor of Idol 4. A similar move by the manufacturer may confuse many, but what can you do, you have to reconcile with this. Although no one likes it when the models mix.
But okay, let’s move on to the smartphone itself, because it’s still the most important here. Alcatel Idol 5S is equipped with a 5.2-inch display with Full HD resolution (1080 × 1920, 424 ppi, screen-to-body ratio: 77.6%), which is covered with 2.5 D Dragontrail protective glass and oleophobic coating. It also received an 8-core (8 x ARM Cortex-A53; 14-nm) Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 2.0 GHz processor with an Adreno 506 graphics chip, 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory, expandable with a microSD memory card, The maximum capacity is 512 GB.
The main camera in the Idol 5S has 12 megapixels (OmniVision OV12870 matrix), 79 ° viewing angle, f / 2.0, PDAF, video recording function as 1080p at 30 frames per second and EIS (electronic image stabilization). The manufacturer also did not forget about two tonal flashes. At the front is an 8 megapixel camera (matrix OmniVision OV8865) with f / 2.0 and a viewing angle of 78 °.
The following modules provide communication in the Idol 5S: Bluetooth 4.2, two Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac display zones of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, LTE Cat. 6 (download up to 300 Mbps, transmission up to 50 Mbps) and GPS, connectors: for headphones 3,5 mm and USB Type C 2.0. There is also a slot for one nano-SIM card, two speakers with a capacity of 3.6 V in front and a fingerprint reader at the rear. The smartphone runs under the operating system Android 7.1 Nougat and draws energy from a non-removable battery with a capacity of 2620 mAh. The smartphone has such dimensions – 148.59 × 70.86 × 7.36 mm and weighs 149 grams.
The Idol 5S price in the US is $ 279.99.
Alcatel Idol 5S – specs:
- 5.2-inch display with a resolution of Full HD (1080 × 1920; 424 ppi; screen-to-body ratio: 77.6%), covered with a protective glass 2.5 D Dragontrail;
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 2.0 GHz processor with Adreno 506 graphics chip;
- 3 GB of RAM;
- 32 GB of internal memory;
- Support for microSD memory cards up to 512 GB;
- Main camera: 12 megapixels OmniVision OV12870, viewing angle 79 °, f / 2.0, PDAF, video recording function as 1080p at 30 frames per second and EIS, dual flash;
- Front camera: 8 MP OmniVision OV8865 with f / 2.0 and a viewing angle of 78 °;
- Bluetooth 4.2;
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz;
- LTE Cat. 6;
- 3.5 mm headphone jack;
- USB Type C 2.0;
- Stereo speakers with a power of 3.6 V;
- Fingerprint’s scanner;
- Battery capacity of 2620 mAh;
- Dimensions: 148.59 × 70.86 × 7.36 mm;
- Weight: 149 grams;
- Android 7.1 Nougat.